Aura Light have a strong commitment to contribute to a more sustainable society. We believe that environmental, social and economic responsibility is fundamental to a long-term business success. Sustainability is shaping our business and creating valuable opportunities for us and our customers.
Being part of the solution
For Aura Light sustainability comes natural. Instead of feeling resignation towards the climate change, we believe in being part of the solution. That is why we focus on delivering sustainable products and solutions. Our Long Life products contribute to a sustainable future with its long lifetime. With Long Life we can minimize the use of raw material, packages and transports. We are also helping our customers all over the world to save energy – a win-win situation where we are contributing to a sustainable world while cutting the costs of our customers.
Sustainability is incorporated in our management systems
At Aura Light we believe that sustainability is just another aspect of good business practice. Therefore, sustainability is incorporated in the responsibilities of our organization and in our management systems:
- ISO 9001 – Quality management
- ISO 14001 – Environmental management
- ISO 26000 – Social responsibility management
Goals that we aim to achieve by 2015
- 90% of our sales comes from Long Life products and solutions.
- 50% of our sales comes from energy-efficient products and solutions.
- Aura Light’s product development process secures continual steps toward sustainable lighting.
- Our vision regarding sustainable lighting is communicated and well understood by our customers.
- Our employees have the competence to include the sustainability aspect in their job.
- Our carbon dioxide emissions are reduced relative to sales.
- More than 95% of all waste materials from our production is recycled.
- 40% of the chemicals containing substances from the PRIO list are phased out of our production.
- The sustainability performance of our potential and existing key suppliers is monitored and supported by efficient processes.
- 71% of our sales comes from Long Life products and solutions (2012)
- 19% of our sales comes from energy-efficient products and solutions (2012)
- 19% of chemicals containing substances from the PRIO list has been phased out (2012)
- 66% of our total waste is recycled (2012)
- Through our partnership with ClimateCare we climate compensates our CO2 emission generated from the production and transportation of our products. This resulted in a CO2 reduction of 1,554 ton (2012)
- We started recycling of paint in our production (2012)
- We use 100% green electricity (2012)
As we have acquired a few smaller resellers, selling mainly standard products, where it will be a gradual conversion to Long Life and energy-efficient products, the effect is that the percentage of Long Life and energy-efficient products may temporarily go down.
Code of conduct
In Aura Light’s Code of Conduct you can read about our ethical guidelines that set the foundation for how we do business.
The Aura Light code of conduct is based on and supports the ten principles in FN’s Global Compact, the International Labour Organization’s (ILO’s) Declaration of Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, OECD’s guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and Aura Light’s core values.